The Wizard of OZ
Show Dates: April 6th, 7th, & 8th
January 14th & 15th; 6:30 – 7:30 pm
Mandatory Student Actor & Parent Meeting
January 17th at 6:30 pm
Congratulations Mrs. Christie Akana
In March 2013, the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) and the School Paraprofessional Advisory Council renamed the Connecticut Paraeducator of the Year Award to the Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year Award in honor of Anne Marie Murphy, a special education paraprofessional who lost her life during the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School on December 14, 2012.
Mrs. Christie Akana was nominated by Noveline Beltram, principal of MRFES for her dedication to students, teachers, and colleagues as well as the community of Thompson. This nomination went through the 2019 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year Award process. The CT State Department of Education received 39 applications from District Paraeducators of the Year for the 2019 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year Award. Although Mrs. Akana did not receive the Paraeducator of the Year for the State of CT, she received recognition as the 2019 Anne Marie Murphy District Paraeducator of the Year. We thank her for her dedication, passion, and commitment!
Congratulations to the following students
who received the CAPSS Superintendent’s Award!
TMHS: Lauren Ramos, Brian Beresik
TMS: Logan Gagnon, Lavender Gaudette
MRFES: Samuel Hachigian & Calleigh Levesque
Thompson Public Schools
The Thompson Public Schools are committed to excellence throughout the school community. In a positive and caring environment, students will master lifelong learning skills to achieve individual maximum potential. Students will participate in a challenging curriculum that encourages creative and critical thinking. In partnership with community and family, we will foster the values of integrity and respect in a diverse and changing society.
- Letter to Thompson Families
- 2018-2019 Thompson Public Schools Calendar
- Superintendent’s Winter 2019 Newsletter
- TPS Strategic Plan
- TPS Capacity and Coherence Review
- Online Free and Reduced Priced Meal Application
- How to pay for student meals online
- School Safety Letter From Superintendent Smith
- 2018 – 2019 Thompson Public Schools Bus Routes
- Student Transportation Policy
- The Wizard of Oz Information
- 2019 Variety Show Application
- January 9 – District Early Release
- January 11 – TMHS FBLA College Panel
- January 12 to 13 – CMEA All Eastern Music Festival UCONN (Snow Date)
- January 14 – Board of Education Meeting, TMS Media Center 7:00 pm
- January 14 – TMHS FBLA College Panel (Snow Date)
- January 14 – TMHS Grades Close (2nd quarter)
- January 14 to 15 – The Wizard of OZ Auditions, 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- January 15 to 18 – TMHS Mid-Term Exams
- January 16 – TMS Grades Close (2nd quarter)
- January 16 – Variety Show Auditions MRFES Music Room 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- January 17 – Variety Show Auditions MRFES Music Room 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- January 17 – Mandatory Meeting – The Wizard of OZ, 6:30 pm
- January 21 – No School / Martin Luther King’s Day
- January 23 – MRFES Math Night, 4:00 – 6:00 pm
Thompson Public Schools are committed to providing websites that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines. Should you experience any difficulty in accessing the Thompson Public Schools’ websites, please don’t hesitate to contact our technology director, Heather Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org
While Thompson Public Schools strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thompson Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Visit SchoolSpring.com for the complete list of TPS job postings.