Dattco School Bus Transportation will be providing transportation service for all Thompson students. I have been working with this new provider over the summer to ensure that the routes and stops already in place have minimal changes. Please understand that the vendor must comply with state regulations regarding where and how many feet in between stops a bus can pick up students. At the start of every school year there are bus service issues that must be ironed out. I expect typical route or stop corrections to be made during the first weeks of school. We ask for your patience during this initial transition.
Please note, students must have consistent pick up and drop off stop that cannot fluctuate or change daily. If your child has a schedule which requires a different pick up or drop off they must be scheduled at the start of the school year and remain the same for each week. Please notify your child’s school secretary in writing of your child’s bus schedule. We cannot accommodate daily bus stop changes.
For information about our official School Bus Surveillance Policies, you can find the complete policy here: School Bus Video Surveillance Policy
The bus routes are listed by Bus#, School, Stop#, Stop Location, and Approximate Stop Time
ADDRESS #: 785 STREET NAME & ZIP CODE: Riverside Dr 06255
Do Not Use – Period ” . ” after Dr, Ln, Cir, Ave, & St
Contact Dattco Branch Manager for any questions regarding student transportation:
Dattco Branch Manager
Phone: 860-923-1053 ext. 520
- The bus driver-has the responsibility of the passengers on the bus. The rules set forth by the driver are established at the school level and the state level.
- Yellow flashing lights-on the bus indicates the bus is getting ready to stop and load or unload. This means cars need to slow down and get ready to stop.
- Red Flashing Lights and Stop Signal (semaphore) – indicate that the bus has stopped and that children are getting on and off. These lights tell the motorist to STOP their cars.
- Side Mirrors and Rear mirrors- assist the driver by allowing a large view around the bus. Cars, children and bikes that get to close to the bus should be seen in the mirrors. REMEMBER THAT THERE ARE BLIND AREAS EVEN WITH THE MIRRORS.
- Emergency Exit- is posted on all buses and is to be used for exiting the bus if there is an emergency on the vehicle. Everyone should know where these exits are located.
- Danger Zones (front)- When crossing in front of the bus all students must walk ahead at least 10’ or more. They then must look up at the driver to see if the driver feels it is safe to cross in front of the bus.
- Danger Zones (sides)-Never walk close to the side of the bus. This area is a blind spot for some drivers, meaning they can not see you.
- Danger Zone (behind the bus)- Never, never walk behind a school bus. The driver will not see you.
- Walking Area-When students leave the bus they should stay at least three feet away from the front side of the bus. Never get close to the tires.
- The same conduct in the bus as in the class.
- Do not eat or drink on the bus.
- Cooperate with the driver and listen to the chaperone.
- Do not smoke or be destructive on the bus.
- Stay in your seat and talk quietly to your friends around you.
- DO NOT MOVE TO ANOTHER SEAT
- Keep hands, feet, and head inside the seat compartment at all times.
- Discuss rules of the road with students prior to the trip.
- Spread chaperones out among the students on the bus.
- Adults and Students must not change seats and everyone must keep their feet and bodies out of the aisles.
- No eating on the bus. This means gum, candy and drinks.
- Group leaders are responsible for the behavior of the students.
- Quiet voices for everyone. This makes for a pleasant trip
- The adults should handle discipline.