Office of the Superintendent
District Vision Statement:
The Thompson Public Schools will be the highest performing public school system in Northeast Connecticut.
District Mission Statement:
To that end, the Thompson Board of Education is committed to ensuring that every student is prepared for success in life in the 21st century.
We accomplish this by…
- Providing dedicated leadership
- Encouraging community involvement and support
- Hiring and retaining an engaged, enthusiastic, focused, and professional staff
- Providing state of the art instruction
- Maintaining a safe and caring environment that fosters lifelong learning
- Embracing our differences
- Striving to help every student reach his or her potential
Superintendent of Schools
Melinda Smith M.Ed.